As promised, we are keeping you informed on the work of the board of directors as we move toward dissolution of the corporate structure of NACAR. Although NACAR’s active programming stopped on June 30, 2021, ways of connecting and supporting one another continue.
VLCFF - Virtual Learning Community for Faith Formation
Discounts remain available to NACAR members through November 2021. There is still time to register for the VLCFF Cycle #7. For more information visit https://vlcff.udayton.edu/.
Cycle 7: October 10 - November 13
(Registration closes October 6)
If you would like to continue to receive information on VLCFF offerings beyond November 2021, we encourage you to register directly with VLCFF at https://vlcff.udayton.edu/.
- Member Only Resources – On June 30, 2021, access to the Member Only resources opened to ALL associates and religious of member communities. Primary Contacts may add as many people as they choose. This is a wonderful opportunity to share NACAR resources with your community. Although the Member Only section is open to all associates of current community members, the individual names must be added to receive access. A tutorial is available on the NACAR website to assist you in adding additional members.
- Tutorials – Several new tutorials have been added to the website to help you navigate and maximize the website. For Primary Contacts, this includes adding, changing, and removing members from your Community Listing. The tutorials for the Primary Contacts are available at https://nacar.org/Guide-for-Primary-Contacts.
- Members Forum – The NACAR website is active and will remain active at least through June 2022. A new feature has been added to encourage ongoing collaboration, information sharing, and support. We urge you to share with one another through the new Members Forum. The NACAR Member Forum is an online space for conversations and information sharing to occur regardless of geographic boundaries. You must be logged in as a member. Once logged in, click the “member pages” button and scroll down the page to find the Member Forum. On the Member Forum page, you will have the option of subscribing to receive updates on topics/conversations that have been started or starting a new one.
- Consultant/Speaker Directory – The NACAR Consultant/Speaker Directory is also still active. If you offer retreat or workshop facilitation and/or other consulting services to Associate communities, please add your information to the NACAR Speaker/Consultant Directory. This is another way that we can continue to support one another and the Associate movement in our world today.
- Regional Groups – Regional Associate Groups, we encourage you to share your regional activities and events. Send information to email@example.com and NACAR will post your event or update on the website. Please assist us by keeping your regional group information updated.
Last Call - Leading With The Spirit Leadership Manual
A limited number of copies of some of the chapters of the Leading with The Spirit Leadership Manual are available for purchase. The website https://nacar.org/Leadership-Manual is updated to reflect what is currently available. The copies are available on a first come-first served basis.
We also have a working copy of a Spanish version of the leadership manual. If your congregation is interested in working with it, please contact Jeanne Connolly at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are excited to announce a virtual event, Emerging In Chaos, sponsored by NACAR and the Leadership Collaborative. This special event will take place January 20-23, 2022, on Zoom.
Emerging In Chaos invites participants to explore the interconnections among one’s deepening interior journey through contemplation, our evolutionary journey, and the development of integral consciousness needed at this time. The four-day workshop is structured to provide the time necessary to learn the conceptual framework and integrate the practices and skills which can contribute to the interpersonal and cultural transformation that is emerging at this time.
Registration will be open mid-October through the NACAR website. More information coming soon.
Archive Partner Selected
At the September 14, 2021, meeting the NACAR Board of Directors agreed to enter into a partnership with Santa Clara University, San Jose, California, as the designated recipient of NACAR archives. Details of the agreement are still in process.
Thank you for your continued support and belief in the associate movement.